How do I get my Money from Easyjet

Options
Can anybody help me get my money back from Easy Jet.

It all goes back to Janaury when flying back to Luton at 11.55, the Aircraft developed a fault during take off.

We had to go back to the airport and spend the night in a hotel.

Next morning was told only 20 seats to Luton on next flight and to fly to Stansted or Gatwick and easyjet would pay for a taxi.

We flew into Stansted and nobody from easy jet was about so got a taxi to Luton £75 arrived 23hours late.

Wrote to easyjet with receipt 3 times, got one letter asking to call, called four times,
Told: Cant find booking or letters

Easyjet wont provide compensation (i dont want that just the taxi fare easy jet told me to get!!)

As I had a hotel they wont pay for a taxi in Spain (Stansted is not in SPAIN)

Last call was told will write to you with response still no response.

The people on the phone have really bad english and dont (or dont want to) understand you.

Is there not a EU law that they have to get me to the destiantion on my ticket?

Any ideas what to do next, samll claims court? Complanin to the CAA? Another letter to Easyjet?

Anybody had simliar delaings with easyjet?

Comments

• travelchick
    Options
    Hello
    Firstly put a step by step letter together make strong bullet points be short but to the point remember someone will only skim read the letter so get their attention.
    Start with your delay and what you where told and how the complaint has been delt with to date.
    Explain that this is the 4th letter you have sent and that if you do not get a satisfactory result you will be contacting ABTA, ATOL or IATA(depending on who their bonding is with check their website) (ABTA/ATOL/IATA wont help you untill you have made at least 3 attempts to resolve your complaint) Tell them that you expect a reply within 10 days of reciept you letter and that reply must be in writing not via phone.

You must then send this letter recorded delivery keeping a copy for yourself if the time passes without a reply or you get fobbed off you can then contact their govening body who will look into the dispute on your behalf if they find against easyjet they will take care of the legal side of things for you.
    with regards to the plane divert if the plane you where on changed direction in mid-air easyjet have a care of duty to provide you with transportation to your original landing airport, however it must be organised by them or done with their consent. If you boarded the plane knowing it would be landing at another airport you will have more of a battle on your hands as in their eyes you where happy to reset the contract by agreeing to get on the plane so unless your onwould travel was set out in writing it will be your word against theirs.
    Also if you read the easyjet smallprint you will find that if your flight is delayed more than 4 hours you are intittled to a refund of that leg of the journey(check the small print to be sure but it was that way a while ago)

I hope this information is helpful to you and you get your money back let me know how you got on via IM
    take care
    Travel
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    If none of the above works, take out a small claims court claim!

You can do this online - lots of info at http://www.compactlaw.co.uk/tiscali/smc.html
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure