E: 14/10/05 France from £1 with Hoverspeed

Options
Its back - and just in time for Christmas! Good excuse for filling the drinks cabinet!

Todays Daily Mirror is offering crossings to Calais from Dover

DAY TRIPS
Foot Passenger - £1 (£5 on Sat)
Car +5 people - £19 (£29 Sat)

Each Way (Any Duration)
Car +5 People - £29

Phone 0870 4607100 quoting code SB/MX1 for day trips or SB/MX2 for each way fares.

Open to anyone (as in public paper) but must be booked before 14th Oct 05 for completed travel by 23rd December 05
(full terms and conditions are in the paper!)

Comments

• Michelle
    Michelle Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Its back - and just in time for Christmas! Good excuse for filling the drinks cabinet!

Todays Daily Mirror is offering crossings to Calais from Dover

DAY TRIPS
    Foot Passenger - £1 (£5 on Sat)
    Car +5 people - £19 (£29 Sat)

Each Way (Any Duration)
    Car +5 People - £29

Phone 0870 4607100 quoting code SB/MX1 for day trips or SB/MX2 for each way fares.

Open to anyone (as in public paper) but must be booked before 14th Oct 05 for completed travel by 23rd December 05
    (full terms and conditions are in the paper!)

Does anyone know of a bargain from Eurotunnel? I am not the best of sea-travellers however much of a bargain it is!!
  • Mschappie
    Options
    We use - https://www.driveline.co.uk/postcard - you can go on Eurotunnel for £19 if you go Mon-Fri.

Mschappie
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • Ickle_Steve
    Options
    Mschappie wrote:
    We use - https://www.driveline.co.uk/postcard - you can go on Eurotunnel for £19 if you go Mon-Fri.
    Offer expired 30th September, but they've done the same offer a few times before, so I'm sure it will reappear. I used it earlier this year with the kids and we all enjoyed the adventure.
    Steve
  • henrypartridge
    Options
    I went with Hoverspeed last time and I didn't like it at all. Although the crossing is fast they took FOREVER to load and unload the boat so the total trip time was way over P and O or Seafrance. The boat is little with a choppy ride and the bar and refreshments are poor. Eurotunnel is best, so fast, then Seafrance for good food and drink and a nice French attitude. P and O have great customer service for bookings etc and are smashing if you arrive early or late. I put Hoverspeed at the bottom of the pile: even at a great price like this I just wouldn't bother.
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    I think the Telegraph is doing a BOGOF on Eurotunnel at the moment :)
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • heather+tom
    Options
    I wonder if the DAILY MIRROR still received the MONEY for the October 'Ad'

Hooverspeed gone out of business ... the OWNERS 'made up their mind' to cut their losses ... in spite of all tricks of the TRADE ...

1 Pound ads ... 870 numbers ... fastest xssing, with the longest wait 'ashore'

...shame ... But then again ... not really ....

P:S. Definitely a shame for the 160 + people they employed/ THEY lost their JOB ... on both sides of the 'consolidating channel' operations ... just in time for Xmas!

Is sailing for booze ... really the right thing ' underlying business proposition'?? hopefully just a passing fluke of some BRIT CULTURE ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure