PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How to increase pocket sizes?

Options
I bought some jeans but the pockets arent as big as id like them to be, i just want be a little bigger so its a comfortable fit for my hands. How would i be able to do this? Would i just cut out the ends of the inside pocket and sew more material to the exsisting pocket?

Hope you can help. Strange question i know.

Thanks

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've done exactly that before now. Make sure the seams will finish up on the OUTSIDE of the pocket - it's a real nail breaker if they're on the inside.

I also found that making the join as close to the top as possible and essentially replacing the whole pocket worked better for me.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,028 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can - or used to be able to - buy replacement pockets and I have used them when OH has made holes in his pockets. It worked fine, but it was a bit counter-intuitive working out how to do it - as Squeaky says to make sure the seams end up OUTSIDE the pocket not inside.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport