Can i cash in my pension?

Options
124»

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I as a former Soldier cash in my Military pension? If so how do I go about it ??

no you cant. pensions cannot be cashed in
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Annisele
    Annisele Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I suspect the mods will sit on kev34's post in due course - but until they do, that sort of thing is generally considered a bad bad bad plan. At worst, you'll end up with no pension and a substantial tax charge from HMRC.
  • GRM
    GRM Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    kev34 wrote: »
    Hi there..

As i just posted in another similar subject on this site, email these guys : [EMAIL="contact@pension-cash-release.co.uk"]contact@pension-cash-release.co.uk[/EMAIL] I used these guys to release my pension 10 weeks ago.

10 weeks when the domain was only registered 7 days ago?

Domain name: pension-cash-release.co.uk
    Registrant: kevin moorcroft
    Registrant type: UK Individua
    l Registrant's address: The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their address omitted from the WHOIS service.
    Registrar: UK2 Limited [Tag = UK2NET] URL: http://uk2.net
    Relevant dates: Registered on: 22-Jun-2011
    Renewal date: 22-Jun-2013
    Last updated: 23-Jun-2011
  • ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Options
    Can I as a former Soldier cash in my Military pension? If so how do I go about it ??

Did you read the thread before you posted at the end of it?
  • ani_26
    ani_26 Posts: 3,700 Forumite
    edited 30 June 2011 at 6:21AM
    Options
    ViolaLass wrote: »
    Did you read the thread before you posted at the end of it?

2 years later? :D

3 years later? :)

Look at the date on the posts.
    Debt free - Is it a state of mind? a state of the Universe? or a state of the bank account?
    free from life wannabe

Official Petrol Dieter
  • ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Options
    ani_26 wrote: »
    2 years later? :D

3 years later? :)

Look at the date on the posts.

I saw the dates. My question is still whether philgage2004 bothered to read the other posts before posting. Whether they were written yesterday or three years ago, they still answered his question.
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Look at the previous years statment. It will have gone up by a large amt.

Your pension goes up and own with the market, mainly due to the fact that a- it is invested and B- you are no longer paying into it.

My pensions did not go down last year, apart frm one i am no longer paying into. The others got fresh contributions that were buying units of inmvestments at a lower price than the year before so will do well when the market rebounds.

The market would have to crash very badly indeed for you to lose 100% of your investment. And a crash that bad would mean world armageddon and you wouldn't be worrying about money but taking shelter, hoarding food, moving to higher ground, avoiding a zombie appocolypse perhaps?

I suggest you leave it where it is, or continue paying into it. Or transfer it to one you can contribute to.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was contacted by a company and was able to cash in my pension. I got 20% as a tax free cash gift which i used to decorate the house and go on hols. The rest was then reinvested upon retirement and im now watching it grow. It was wary of it and very skeptical but it helped and im watching the penison grow for the first time in 10 years.

If you were real then you would be a fool. However, it is obviously a spam which just makes you an evil parasite preying on unsuspecting people to rip them off.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure