Buyers who delay delay delay then never BUY!

Options
In my last two rounds of Ebay auctions I've had two buyers who caused me endless hassle.

One sent me an unsigned cheque which I was so annoyed about, as I didn't notice at first and was carrying their package around with me when I went to pay it in, that I asked the girl at the bank to just destroy it- I know, I know, I should not have- and I asked for another cheque- which arrived also unsigned. Two MONTHS of emails and the buyer became threatening demanding both cheques back, I reminded them of what happened to the first and agreed to return the second in the package once they paid for their item. In the end I ignored them- I wasn't wasting money posting cheques back at my own expense when all they owed me was TWO POUNDS FIFTY Incl. P + P!

Now I'm going through something that I bet will turn out the same. Buyer bought item. Buyer (unknown to me) pays by paypal. I don't know how they found that account, as I didn't know 'I' had one! Presumably my ex must have set one up. I clarify to them that payment is cheque or PO only. Now I get a query about whether I take another net based payment, and saying why do you say you take paypal on your auction? I check auction, no, it states in payment Cheque or Postal Order! Point this out and wait. I can't see me seeing this 10 quid can you!? :rolleyes:

Of course by the time you know you're flogging a dead horse its too late to recoup your charges from Ebay!

I want to file an unpaid item on this second bidder but as they are still communicating I am not sure what to do.

How do you handle your difficult bidders in a successful and expense/time minimising way? I'm just fed up of this.

Thanks
When you're going through Hell, Keep going!
If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation
Just when you think human beings can't get any stupider, they get behind the wheel of a car...
Become eternally poor in one easy step- decide to love Horses... :rolleyes:

Comments

• bleugh
    bleugh Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    Options
    add them to blocked bidders list
    add their emails to your spam filter
    subscribe their emails to every hardcore free marure pr0n site you can find in booble.com
    money saving my @rse.
    I've spent 10x as much as I would if I had never discovered this website :-)
    :: No Links in signatures please - FM ::
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bleugh wrote:
    subscribe their emails to every hardcore free marure pr0n site you can find in booble.com

how did you find that one then...... mistyping....... :rotfl:
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family