£50 cashback on Post office car insurance

Options
Hi
As a thank you for all the tips I thought I would send one of my own, did you know the Post office is giving £50 cashback on new car insurance deals. I have just done a cheapest car insurance search & not only were they cheaper than anyone else, even the budget ones, they are also giving £ 50 cashback, given after 60 days after payment. This means I have got Norwich union car insurance for £161 - £50 cash back, giving an incredible £111 price. this includes the same benefits as my other searches.

Regards

Comments

• Jammygal
    Jammygal Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you go through Quidco too you should gain another twenty odd quid;)
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi treker2 and welcome to MSE! :wave:

We have a board on the forum devoted to insurance so I've moved your useful post over there. :)

Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL]
  • newcastlebelle
    Options
    they've been giving £50 back for nearly 2 years now!

be prepared to wait up to 6 months for the refund. although it is supposed to be quicker now its paid directly into your bank acc rather than them sending you a postal order as they did at first.
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    they've been giving £50 back for nearly 2 years now!

be prepared to wait up to 6 months for the refund. although it is supposed to be quicker now its paid directly into your bank acc rather than them sending you a postal order as they did at first.

It might be news to anybody just joining this site and not familiar with switching car insurance companies though! :)

Don't forget to follow the steps in Martin's article on Cutting Car Insurance costs HERE to make sure you get the best deal rather than being attracted to a particular offer.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,587 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    At £586 for my quote I'd need about £250 cashback to beat my cheapest quote so far and that excludes quidco cashback of £45 with LV=!
  • usmankingo
    Options
    hi
    help abt insurance papers, i want to insured my new car.

Property Directory | Wholesale Billiards
    Wholesale Batteries |Stock Brokers Directory
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family