MONEY MORAL DILEMMA. Should Heather take the money and run?

Comments

• bradgirl
    bradgirl Posts: 42 Forumite
    I would say most definitely NOT. Companies only do research like this to find out what's happening in their industries and it will ruin the (already poor) image of market research if people go around pretending to be something they are not to get money!
  • tallgirld
    tallgirld Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Go for it!!! Blag it
  • PrinceGaz
    PrinceGaz Posts: 139 Forumite
    If it is worth the time she'll need to spend for the reward offered, and she is capable of giving good answers that would reflect her view as a person in the position they expect, then I'd say go for it.

You don't get surveys worth £100 that are done remotely over the net etc though, more like £0.50-£2.00 on average, which can take anywhere from ten minutes to as much as an hour to complete, so they are effectively below minimum-wage. They can be used as a time-filler if you've got some time to kill before doing something else though, and a little free cash is nice to have (though many survey companies ask a few questions and decide you are not eligible after a few minutes and terminate it with no reward). With those surveys, I'd say honesty is essential, or at least consistency. Don't change who you are to fit what the survey wants- either always be yourself (the easiest and best option), or invent a single alternative persona and stick with it for all surveys, as the companies probably compare answers from different surveys.
  • hypotheticaly speaking. Im afraid as soon as a Glamor Model walked through the door, ide give her the £100! the last thing on my mind would be the survey :j :xmassign: :rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Daisy_Bell
    Daisy_Bell Posts: 186 Forumite
    Absolutely! 1026.gif

"Common Sense is really not so common!"
  • Cloudane
    Cloudane Posts: 524 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    No. I do a lot of surveys myself, and some of them are barely worth it as it is - but the more people who scam them with rubbish answers (which amounts to fraud, IMO) the more the quality of their results goes down. This means their costs go up - and so the rewards decrease in value.

Whilst this is damaging enough to those who regularly and honestly do surveys, I guess most people don't care what happens to others so long as they make a profit... but consider that also if the person ever wanted to do more surveys in future they're actually harming their own future income.
  • No, she should not take part, it's taking money under false pretences.

It makes you wonder how trustworthy her accountant friend is too. Would you want to trust your financial records to a scammer?
  • AngryTank
    AngryTank Posts: 12 Forumite
    It seems to me that taking money when you know you don't have knowledge to answer the questions is dishonest. If the friend knew that you have no idea then he's not only lying but putting you in a precarious postion where you could be caught lying and accused of fraud. If i were her i'd reccomend turning the money down (is she that desperate for £100 anyway) and knowing that you haven't had to lie for the money.
  • jsy44
    jsy44 Posts: 10 Forumite
    No, lying is not worth it for all the bad karma that'll come back and get yer!
  • Take the money and blag it. I would and however many people see that as lying tough! id be £100 better off!!!:A
    :D mel101
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport