NatWest Credit Card cant do my Balance Transfer

Options
Applied for a Nat West credit Card on-line as they were doing 9months interest free on Balance Transfers.Just rang them up to do the Balance Transfer and they tell me they cant do it as there system does not recognise the HSBC No.This is a first for me as I have been shuffling money around for the last 3 years.They suggested I try another one of my existing cards and see if they have any special offers on.Anybody got any ideas which is the best route to take????????????????

Comments

• charlie12
    charlie12 Posts: 1,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How old is your HSBC credit card? Maybe their system doesn't recognise old cards. In which case you may be able to request a new card from HSBC - if they refuse you could perhaps report it as stolen and then they'll send you a new card (and hopefully a new number).

Before you do that if may be worth trying again with a different person, maybe there was a system glitch or they made a mistake.

Also call HSBC and ask them if there are any issues/limitations with your current card, maybe they'll be able to provide some insight.

If all else fails you could apply for an SBT card like Egg Money (unless you already have a card that can do SBTs?) and then do an SBT which would put the Egg in credit and then transfer the cash to your bank account which you can then use to pay off the HSBC card.
  • Buzzbee
    Options
    Cheers Charlie12,Rang NatWest this morning Spoke to a very helpful chap He tried the HSBC card again,Couldn't get it up on his screen (Card is only 6months old)Dosen't know why!!!!!! ,He suggested I do BT to an existing card (Halifax One) and he will do a BT form the Halifax One account. Have done this and has been accepted.I know have 9months interest free.
  • charlie12
    charlie12 Posts: 1,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nice one :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts