Time to alter the signature....

Options
Ok, ok, so its not the 1st yet, but as good as - (this is when my next payment comes out.)

My debt will then be down to £779.46, with one more payment to go- I made a bit of an error with my last signature & hadnt included a £700 id saved to go towards the loan for my December payment, so it was actually £700 more than it shouldve been.

How exciting!! I cannot believe that I now owe under a grand, its such a fab feeling, it really is!! Whooooooooooooooo!!!

I am not bragging, really im not, but it shows that you can do it - the same as I have. I suppose it wont really sink in until the debt is clear & I no longer have to give my hard earned salary away (not that i'll want to spend it either!!).

:j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j

Lots of love & thanks for listening.

Ms_London

Comments

• mr218
    mr218 Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    congratulations. you must be feeling really great and free of the shackles of debt. how do you plan to celebrate?
  • ms_london
    ms_london Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    mr218 wrote:
    congratulations. you must be feeling really great and free of the shackles of debt. how do you plan to celebrate?

I hadnt really thought of celebrating, it will just be nice to know that I am debt free & feel free again, and be able to make the choices I want to without feeling held back.. I had thought of going away over Christmas, somewhere exotic, but I dont think i'll be aloud the time off work, grrrr!!! Otherwise, just start to go travelling - that will be a big enough reward in itself.

Ms_London
  • climbgirl
    climbgirl Posts: 1,504 Forumite
    Options
    That's awesome, congratulations (for December anyway!). I must say, I've always followed your posts and it's so encouraging to see you get there in the end. Well done!

Good luck with the travelling, it's an incredibly rewarding experience (speaking as someone who's come from half a world away to live in the UK!).
  • Mango
    Mango Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    Wow! Such great news! I bet you can't wait till December. You know you'll have to think of a new signature though...

Seriously, you've been such an encouragement on these boards and reading your posta have really helped me, so I'm dead chuffed for you!
  • Rose999
    Rose999 Posts: 168 Forumite
    Options
    That's brilliant news! Well done you! :beer:
    I have also followed your posts and feel that you have been a real inspiration and proof that it can be done with a bit of hard work and effort. :D
    :p
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Well done, what a fantastic acheivement, a good inspirational story for everyone just starting out on the road to conquering debt.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • Frugal_Fox
    Frugal_Fox Posts: 1,002 Forumite
    Options
    ms_london wrote:

How exciting!! I cannot believe that I now owe under a grand, its such a fab feeling, it really is!! Whooooooooooooooo!!!

I am not bragging, really im not, but it shows that you can do it - the same as I have. I suppose it wont really sink in until the debt is clear & I no longer have to give my hard earned salary away (not that i'll want to spend it either!!).

Hi - I am really pleased for you, whilst I have only just started posting, I've been thread reading for a while now - particularly this board, and I am really happy for you.

Don't celebrate too wildly - otherwise January will be a lean month!! :p

Thanks for sharing this,

Frugal
    x
    "A simple life freely chosen is a source of strength. Do not be pursuaded into buying what you do not need or cannot afford." Quaker Faith & Practice 1.02.41
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    :T well done

pp
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • tattooed_lady
    Options
    well done ms-london!!!!
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
  • Willsnarf1983
    Options
    ms_london wrote:
    I hadnt really thought of celebrating, it will just be nice to know that I am debt free & feel free again, and be able to make the choices I want to without feeling held back.. I had thought of going away over Christmas, somewhere exotic, but I dont think i'll be aloud the time off work, grrrr!!! Otherwise, just start to go travelling - that will be a big enough reward in itself.

Ms_London

Well done

how good are u gonna feel thou when u take the first tenner out of the cash machine when ur nt officially in debt and can think.......this is all mine!!!!!!!!!

Will
    SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family