Laying Lino

Options
How easy is this? Have just had my kitchen redecorated and have bought some new lino online as I couldnt find the one I wanted in local shops. Was going to give it a bash myself but not too sure where to start!

Thanks in advance
Tin can banky - 3/4 full £1 and £2, Quidco January £19.49, Boots points 2543, Tesco Club Card 2763, Piggy Points 840

Comments

• bobbywomble
    Options
    quiet easy really....
    the carpet companies make it out to be rocket science
    the way to do is

move everything that is not nailed down out of the room and wash and dry the floor .. try to get rid of the majority of dust because if this gets under the lino it will make it ride up it stops the tape sticking and is great for damp

place the roll in the centre of the room so the 2 edges of the roll touch the walls
    the trick now is to make sure that when you unroll the lino that it reaches all the edges of the room (might need a bit of patience here it will pay off)
    (so many people cut it then find the other end wont reach)
    so you should now have your lino opened out on to the floor touching all 4 walls "or the cupboards"
    the rest is easy
    cut round the edges of the lino with a stanley knife i would suggest you cut 1/4 of a inch larger than you want to allow for mistakes
    then trim it when the lino is more managable
    double sided carpet tape roung the edges and anywhere it looks like it may
    ride up and away you go
    you could try to slide the edges under the skirting and cupboards to make it look really professional if you have a gap
    another reason for leaving that 1/4 inch
    good luck hope it helps

ps
    dont try to cut rond a corner cut one edge then measure again
  • ashley0611
    Options
    Thats brilliant - thanks!! Will definately give it a bash myself. The only thing is my kitchen is quite large so I will have a join but I assume that if I match it up and tape it up before I start I should be ok! Thanks again
    Tin can banky - 3/4 full £1 and £2, Quidco January £19.49, Boots points 2543, Tesco Club Card 2763, Piggy Points 840
  • Smiley_Mum
    Options
    Here is a link also that gives you info on laying vinyl flooring also. Good Luck, hope it turns out.

http://www.diyfixit.co.uk/nflash/building/Vinylflooring/vinyl%20flooring.htm
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure