Telewest upgrade overcharge

We upgraded on the 3rd september to the supreme package with the free sky sports for the year and total price inc add ons was to be £73.50 a month fine until the bill came in yesterday for £134:eek: so i tried to go through and understand where the extra was coming from and ended up calling them to explain, the first operator looked at my account and transfered me then the second went through my account and apparently explained my bill was correct and that i had paid one month in advance so at this point i felt totally bamboozled and normally im pretty good with numbers so decided to sit and try to work things out but noticed yes we pay 1 month in advance but we allways had done so for september they had charged £100 for services, £52 from previous bill and £48 which they calculated in arrears, ok we did expect a higher bill but not that amount and again i called up and got someone differant who went through the bill and agreed the bill was wrong and that i had been overcharged £23 and he put the credit through to reduce the d.d. but how many others while upgrading dont realise that they may have been over charged and how many would get baffled and just take there word for it like the first call i made?
The more i save the more i can spend:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Comments

• jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    gk172 wrote:
    We upgraded on the 3rd september to the supreme package with the free sky sports for the year and total price inc add ons was to be £73.50 a month fine until the bill came in yesterday for £134:eek: so i tried to go through and understand where the extra was coming from and ended up calling them to explain, the first operator looked at my account and transfered me then the second went through my account and apparently explained my bill was correct and that i had paid one month in advance so at this point i felt totally bamboozled and normally im pretty good with numbers so decided to sit and try to work things out but noticed yes we pay 1 month in advance but we allways had done so for september they had charged £100 for services, £52 from previous bill and £48 which they calculated in arrears, ok we did expect a higher bill but not that amount and again i called up and got someone differant who went through the bill and agreed the bill was wrong and that i had been overcharged £23 and he put the credit through to reduce the d.d. but how many others while upgrading dont realise that they may have been over charged and how many would get baffled and just take there word for it like the first call i made?
    ntl do exactly the same thing ... they overcharge and if you dont ring and argue it out with them they get away with it..
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport