My fridge freezer keeps leaking (and it moos)

Options
I have a 4 year old fridge freezer (Hotpoint) and it's always made strange noises that sound like a cow mooing.
I keep getting little pools of water under the salad drawer and on the floor(I am assuming that the water is trickling out of the fridege as there is no sign of it coming from anywhere else)
There is a little hole at the back of the fridge that is supposed to drain the water away but the side of the fridge keeps icing over.
I wondered if this was stopping the water going through the hole.
As far as I can see, the hole is not blocked.
I don't know if its on its way out but it is still keeping things cold and the freezer is working.
Anyone any idea what might be causing this.
Thanks
NSK Zombie # SFD 7/15 Food Bank £0/£5
Food
£73.57/£122 (incl. pet food)
Petrol £20/£40
Exercise 2/15 Outings 1/2
Debt :eek: £18,917

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sounds like your insulation has gone and its frozen the drain hole,according to DH.
    your parts are guarenteed for 5yrs so might be worth a ring
  • susieb1967
    susieb1967 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    clear the ice away and check that it is not actually blocked. You can do this by pouring a small quantity of water into the hole and see if it drains away. If it doesnt, its blocked! Clear the drainage hole by getting something long enough and firm enough ( strong flexible wire) and poking it down hole till you see the water disappear! If you find it difficult to push through, try defrosting fridge freezer for minimum of 36hrs as it may be frozen all the way down! HTH
  • adiwood
    adiwood Posts: 211 Forumite
    Options
    When my partner moved into her new uni accomodation we thought next door owned a cow or something until we realised it was the fridge. Its a scary noise when you hear it. Certainly sounds like a cow!
    £4000 in 2011 - £48.88/£4000
  • KittyBoo_2
    KittyBoo_2 Posts: 676 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    I'm going to have a fiddle about with it now so will let you know how I get on.
    NSK Zombie # SFD 7/15 Food Bank £0/£5
    Food
    £73.57/£122 (incl. pet food)
    Petrol £20/£40
    Exercise 2/15 Outings 1/2
    Debt :eek: £18,917
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income