Ikea sale (coming soon) - when?

Options
I was in Ikea today and they had 'sale - coming soon' notices up (on the way out :rolleyes: ) but they couldn't give me any dates.

Does anyone know when it is?

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Ikea sale is generally a bit rubbish. They keep all their lines for such a long time, it's not seasonal thing where if you hold out, you get you want cheaper.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    There can be bargains, however I've noticed of late that they often tend to wheel out rubbish that you've never seen on sale before, with massively inflated original prices that nobody in their right mind would have ever paid.

In past sales though I have managed to pick up a Lack corner table for £4, and a bathroom cabinet for £10 (down from £30).

Note however they often have things reduced all the time, just look out for the yellow hanging banners throughout the store. I've just been and picked up a frying pan, reduced from £28 to £5 - I was buying other items from the same range and thought "why not?"
  • m_13
    m_13 Posts: 990 Forumite
    Options
    The Ikea sale usually takes place when the old catalogue is ending and before the new catalogue comes out in August.

It's usually from a change of stock and items. The current catalogue prices end on 27th July 2008. However, last year the sale started on 16th June so I'm guessing it could be this weekend!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure