PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Urgent Advice Please

Options
2»

Comments

• Ian_W
    Ian_W Posts: 3,778 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Meanmachine wrote: The rule is never get a mortgage through the EAs adviser
    MM - Conrad's post makes that case conclussively IMHO!!
    Conrad wrote: Yorkshire tend to be a very slow and cumbersome old fashioned lender with ultra strict underwriting plus you will incur more costs and loose fees paid to N Rock.
    ... and in terms of fees to mortgage advisors, how do they rate on that, Conrad?

liss90 - Totally agree with cattie, doozer and very well said to travel_freak, so I won't repeat the same comments. Save to say your full explanation in response to Conrad's post is honest, forthright and made with integrety. Pity the same cannot be said for some EA's and mortgage advisors who work for/with them.

Best of Luck
  • liss90
    liss90 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your kind words and advice.
    They have made my partner and I feel much calmer.
    It would of been nice to have a response from Conrad but alas I feel he may be my estate agent! Or he reads through the boards at rapid speed and writes without thinking first!
    Anyway I went to the Yorkshire yesterday and he has all the info he needs, is going to use our survey for a fee of £130. Thats it though no other fees other than the chaps fee.
    We will have a rate of 5.39, no higher lending charge, cashback 0.6 and no arrangement fee. So although not perfect taking out a 100% loan we will be slightly better off than renting. The household bills and council tax will be slightly lower.
    Yesterday our sol sent the exchange of contracts etc, rang up and asked if they wanted it back before we get our new offer and she said no. Thought this strange until SIL said that it will slow things down if a new buyer does appear.
    Should have a new offer of mortgage by end of next week or beginning of following.
    Thanks again,
    Liss.
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    Options
    good luck

just from personal exp. the yorkshire are sooooooooooooo slow.

[feedback form sent to me after trying to get mortgage through them for nearly 7 months was fun though!]

keep on the phone to them until you get the paperwork, and/or keys
  • liss90
    liss90 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Oh nooooooooooooooooo please don't say that!

Fingers crossed for Yorkshire to treat our case as urgent as we have stressed this.
    They have been pretty good. Put me straight through to the mortgage advisor at our local branch who is also the branch mangager. Saw us the next morning at 10am for 2hrs. Has checked to see if our survey is one that is used by their approved board and it is. Has phoned this morning with an update and the difference in service is amazing.
    He seems to know what is doing and has said we should get a mortgage offer end of next week or beginning of following.
    But I guess thats down to the underwriters who I will have to harass!
    Again thanks for all the help so far!
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    Options
    then your yorkshire advisor sounds better than mine. being self employed i was atleast one level below a travelling gypsy according to them.

since i'd already bought the house, outright, and was living in it, didn't really matter that they were so inefficient

good luck with your purchase
  • Jake54
    Jake54 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Why don't you have a meeting with the vendors? if their on the net show them this forum and what you've posted and the replies
    Show them the mortgage offer.why your not happy about it
    Explain things to them. Basically reassure them.
    You see you may not believe this, but in the vendors eyes, and minds, you have the upper hand, you can pull out at any time. That is the crux of it all. wheather or not you are able to get a mortgage.
    So they think stuff you we'll put it back on the market
    You see when you are on the other end, dealing with the solicitor, trying to explain to them and putting over your feelings and problems about the purchase,about the morgage, the solicitors are not very forthcoming in reassuring the other parties.
    All they do is pass the message on without feeling( if you know what i mean)
    or you don't know how they conveyed any messages or how their solicitor passed the messages on.
    Some times it best to do some DIY reassuring yourself
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family