PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Concluding missives

hi all,

just need my mind at rest, moving to a new house on the 7th Oct (10days) the buyer of our house has still not signed due to her picky solicitor, asking about reburb that was carried out on the building about 10 years ago, the worst bit is the flat above sold and they moved out without all this hassle.

this is my first sell so really unsure but is it normal to run this close to the move in date ??

just bit worried as i cant really change the bt,gas,electricity,local tax etc etc over to the newhouse till this is signed.

also just for another rant see solicitor's get money for nothing :mad:

has anyone had someone leaving it late like this to sign ??

Comments

• cant comment on selling, but as a renter who's moved a few times dont worry about the utilities - you can switch them over any time you just have to give a date and reading, this will often be retrospective but aslong as no one disputes then there will be no probs.

Just make sure you get the right values at the right time and no one should cause a fuss, a few photos of meters will help put your mind at rest.

Having sorted my utilities in different ways Ive never had a problem - people are generally pretty good about this thing as long as you pay your share, the cross over date should be pretty clear...
  • Ember999
    Ember999 Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Patsmaboy wrote:
    hi all,

just need my mind at rest, moving to a new house on the 7th Oct (10days) the buyer of our house has still not signed due to her picky solicitor, asking about reburb that was carried out on the building about 10 years ago, the worst bit is the flat above sold and they moved out without all this hassle.

this is my first sell so really unsure but is it normal to run this close to the move in date ??

just bit worried as i cant really change the bt,gas,electricity,local tax etc etc over to the newhouse till this is signed.

also just for another rant see solicitor's get money for nothing :mad:

has anyone had someone leaving it late like this to sign ??

I am presuming you are in Scotland as you mention missives. When I bought my cottage I did not complete the missives until 7 days prior to our agreed date of entry. This was due to our solicitor and their solicitor taking an age to sort it out. So, no, it's not a problem as we completed on time only 7 days after missives were complete.
    ~What you send out comes back to thee thricefold!~
    ~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family