We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Does this sound dodgy?

2»

Comments

  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    This is ludicrous,no one flies in to buy a £1200 car.
  • Keeping_Positive
    Keeping_Positive Posts: 4,750 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    iIt is probabably dodgy but when I was over in Ireland I was told several times how expensive cars were over there compared to hear. One of the taxi drivers had just imported a BMW. So its not completely far fetched that they want to take a car back to Ireland.
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • darwin-rover
    darwin-rover Posts: 510 Forumite
    hollydays wrote: »
    This is ludicrous,no one flies in to buy a £1200 car.

    I have (twice - both cars were less than £1000) . Although I didnt fly in I got the overnight bus from Belfast to the south of England .
    Car in NI are more expensive than mainland UK and cars in ROI are even more expensive .

    Still think this ones a scam though .
  • Jan_C_3
    Jan_C_3 Posts: 8 Forumite
    hollydays wrote: »
    This is ludicrous,no one flies in to buy a £1200 car.


    I have too. Mine was under a £800. Flight was £24 and the car was exactly what I wanted and had been looking for. It cost me £55 to drive back. Only car similar near me was nearly twice the price and had twice the mileage.

    That's what happens when you live somewhere remote
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.