We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Camping in NZ.

Options
2»

Comments

• gerretl
    gerretl Posts: 427 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry if I am hogging this thread, but I keep thinking of things. If you are in Wanaka (Stop sniggering at the back), make a point of going to the Cinema Paradiso. It is unlike any other in the world. They stop the film half way through and serve the best cookies, and you can watch the film from the seat of a Morris Minor (Trust me, I am not drunk yet). the town is a great stop before Queenstown, and if you are running late in getting to Queenstown, stop in Wanaka, since the road between is a nightmare. Also if you are going to Milford Sound, it looks like a big town on the map. It is not. It consists of a pub and a hostel. Stock up well before you get there (in Te Anau), or you are paying ludicrous prices for basics.
    If you are on one of the wine tours around Napier Marlborough etc, it may be worth asking the guide to drop you in town, as opposed to your campsite. It saves the price of a taxi there, and you won't be able to drive yourself.
    "Don't critisise what people look like, how they speak, where they are from, and what they are called. They cannot help it.
    Do critisise what they say, and what they do, especially if what they say is different to what they do. They can help that"

Anon

"Life is the three weeks and six days between paydays" - gerretl

£2 savers club =£42
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills