We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Friends Reunited e-mail
Duffers4768
Posts: 42 Forumite
I registered with Friends Reunited several years ago but have not paid the annual fee for the last two years as it has increased by over 50%. I received an e-mail from them about two weeks ago telling me that an old school friend had sent me a message and I had to pay the joining fee to receive the message. I paid the joining fee and received the message but I am suspicious because it was phrased in a very open way and the sender would not have referred to me by my full name. I believe that FR may be using this as a way to get people to pay the joining fee.
I just wondered whether anyone else had received a similar message.
I just wondered whether anyone else had received a similar message.
0
Comments
-
Arent FR getting rid of the joining feeNo Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 20
-
FR is now totally free3.78 kWp PV SolarEdge with iBoost South facing.
30° pitch roof 4% shading. Installed 6th June 18.
Gloucester0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
