Cheap trains from Leeds to London on GNER

Options
does anyone know where i can get cheap train tickets (well just one) from leeds to london and back for the day. you used to be able to get off peak returns for £19 but they seem to be booked up through summer.

help!! otherwise i will have to get a megabus which takes 4 hours 30 min each way (very good value for a couple of pounds but its not worth 9 hours travel for one day).

Comments

• chalky_bertie
    chalky_bertie Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    you could try this link

http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Travel;action=display;num=1089180257

trains are for midalnd main line which leave leeds earlyish on a saturday. if cheap tickets are not available from leeds buy from sheffield and try any of these options.

catch the national express from leeds to sheffield and change there

buy a normal cheap day return on the 'stopper' train from leeds to sheffield

catch the Arriva 110 from leeds to wakefield and then change onto the Arriva X33 from wakefield to sheffield
    **BERTIE**

Did you Know: It costs more than £325,000 a day to run the lifeboat service? (with no government funding) Please donate to the RNLI
  • vulcanbomber
    vulcanbomber Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    I use Newark Northgate with GNER and find that off peak fares are available, but you need to be fairly quick off the mark to get them.

GNER release tickets about 9 or 10 weeks on a Thursday before travel and you can get them. ( BTW sometimes the greet message when you ring is not up to date)

I got 3 tickets to London from Newark to Kings Cross for travel at the begiining of September.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure