Flight delay compensation

Options
We were recently delayed, out and back, for a holiday to Florida. I have seen reports that the new European law gives compensation for delays. I have seen reports on this law and am confused as to whether we can make a claim. Some articles say we can others say we can’t. The airline claimed a bird-strike as the 24 hour delay outbound but I have seen reports on other forums that this excuse is often used by this company (Travel City Direct).
I say what I like, I like what I say!

Comments

• WiseInvestor_2
    Options
    The cause of the delay must be 'foreseeable' by the airline for compensation to be due.

Do you know when the bird strike occurred? If, for example, it occurred on landing into Florida (which probably isn't an agreed maintenance base for TCD) the delay is probably justified. If the strike occurred, say, a week earlier and your delay was due to the knock-on effects you may have a case.

The more information you have the better. What details were you given at the time? Did the handling agent (ie check-in/boarding staff) accept any blame? We you adequately looked after at the time (eg meals, phone calls, hotels)? Did you obtain contact details of other affected passengers for a group complain/claim?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure