Wanadoo/Freeserve - cant update my website and they cant help

Options
I just have to let out some steam!

A long time ago - probably 5 or 10 years since I made a website with Freeserve for my Mums holiday cottage business. I never tried to update it until the last month or so when I have not managed it at all. It was with Freeserve before they merged or were bought out by Wanadoo.

I thought the best way would be to ring Wanadoo and speak to them (realising afterwards that the call centre is oviously in India or abroad)

The first time I rang I spoke to technical support who said be patient (which I have been for the past month) and give it another try soon.

The second time I tried - 5 minutes after the first - I went through to customer service who said 'I not trained for that, you ring this number again and speak to technical support'

So I rang again for the third time, the guy said to ring my local computer shop as it is not upto Wanadoo, when I queried this he said 'I not trained for that', I said but I built the webiste through Freeserve, again he said 'I not trained for that, contact a computer shop!).

What the heck am I meant to do - anyone any ideas?

HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!
Weight Loss - 102lb

Comments

• marka87uk
    Options
    Have you tried logging in through FTP or just through their online web uploader thing? (Years since I used their hosting).
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    Ive tried loads of things:

1. Emailing Wanadoo - Hopeless!
    2. Phoning Wanadoo - Even more hopeless

When we originally did the website it was through 'Zyweb', have tried contacting them but cant make anything of them.

All I want to do is modernise the website!!!
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • marka87uk
    Options
    Yes but what is the exact problem you're having? You cannot login or ? As I said before are you trying to log in through FTP of the web uploader?
  • GaryS
    GaryS Posts: 807 Forumite
    Options
    Your website should be FTP'd to uploads.webspace.freeserve.net
    You will need to log on using your usual logon id and password for Freeserve / Wanadoo.
    When it is uploaded it should be visible at https://www.username.freeserve.co.uk
    or whatever domain name you use with Freeserve (FSNET etc)
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    Ok,

I have now found out from ZYWEB that as I have not accessed that website for years, and also they ceased to partner with Freeserve quite some time ago now. ZYWEB suggested that the best thing to do would be to create a new website and get the people that go to the old address redirected to the new one. I rang Wanadoo in India again and I just cannot get them to understand that I want a redirection like ZYWEB told me I should be able to.

Any ideas now?

H
    Weight Loss - 102lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills