How much will a fitted wardrobe cost?

Options
I am just after some idea of costs really as I dont have a clue:confused:

We are after someone to come in and measure and utilise the space we have across one whole wall with doors. The bedroom is quite large and rather than buying standard wardrobes and wasting space, we would like it all done.

We dont have much money but am just after a rough estimate. I know some of the large companies would charge around £2000+ but we dont have that much money.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

PP
xx
To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
requires brains!
FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS

Comments

• BennyB_2
    BennyB_2 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

When we were looking a couple of years ago, Sharpe's (Sharks!) wanted £4500 in their half price sale! :eek: This put us off having them done for a while.

Eventually we got the job done by a local firm, Deane's Wardrobes, for about £1200. We are really happy with them. Not sure how far they cover but they are based in Fareham, Hampshire.
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Penny-Pincher!! Posts: 8,325 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for sucha quick response.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • woodbutcher_2
    woodbutcher_2 Posts: 747 Forumite
    Options
    Did some for a friend.They had been quoted £1100 and i did them for £675.00 but that was at mates rates.I made everything including the doors and they bought all the internal fittings from ikea which i incorporated into the carcasses.They got someone in to paint the doors and i think it was about £900 all in.Sliderobes are a quick and cheap way of doing them.They sell them in B&Q.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure