Paint Colour/Design - Ideas needed

Options
Hi folks

Can you please help me get some inspiration - I want to redecorate a fairly small bedroom. The furniture will be a very light maple colour. I'm stuck on what colour to have the walls and carpet though without the room looking bland. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd try something darker on the walls to contrast with the maple being very light. Maybe just one main wall where your bed sits against but try not to let it be too pale everywhere just because you want it to look bigger.

Magnolia painted walls can work well if you introduce lots of colour through your soft furnishings and pictures etc. It means you can change your colour scheme without getting dirty, just changing a few items. A beautiful bedpsread and a few candles in the same or complimnetary bright colour can add lots of personality.

I think that bedspreads which cover your duvet and pillows streamline things a bit, make them look smarter, less fussy and are almost a canvas in themselves.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • AMILLIONDOLLARS
    AMILLIONDOLLARS Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Try this very good website for some great ideas!

http://www.housetohome.co.uk

AMD
    Debt Free!!!
  • Juliav_2
    Juliav_2 Posts: 258 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with the replies so far. For a small room I would recommend painting it white and funking it up with colourful accessories.

You can get some beautiful colourful blinds and cushions. You could vinyl the floor, laminate or carpet.

The lighter the colour, the bigger the room will feel.

Hope this helps?
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
  • oojeyboojey
    oojeyboojey Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Choose about 3 colours that go well together, then base the room scheme around that. I'd pick a light shade for 3 of the 4 walls, then either paper a bold pattern that uses the same colour on the wall the bed is going to be against, or use a darker colour paint.

I love these kinds of patterns:

seamless-wallpaper-pattern-thumb1585967.jpg used with the following colours:
    english_mist_1.jpg
    soft_fauna_4.jpg
    chalky_white_4.jpg

istockphoto_3584604_neutral_toned_vintage_wallpaper_pattern.jpg with the following colours:
    earthen_cream_3.jpg
    celtic_forest_3.jpg
    treacle_tart_3.jpg

400_F_1920391_pmtljcdfl0crkcrO3wyDsu4BCVghfB.jpg with the following colours:
    thai_magic_1.jpg
    earthen_cream_3.jpg
    soft_fauna_4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills