Ebayer seller not claiming paypal money - ignroing email

Options
I know its a £3 book, but I am getting naffed off. I bought the book on the 29th and he hasnt claimed the paypal money, emailed me, or even replied to my emails. why do people sellm stuff and not follow through

He was registered a month ago so has new feedback.

Comments

• Red_Lozzer
    Red_Lozzer Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    I sold something a couple of weeks back and didnt get any response/payment for a couple of days. It turned out that the buyers laptop broke and it took a couple of days to get back online.
  • Mandles
    Mandles Posts: 4,121 Forumite
    Options
    might be unclaimed because seller has not added ebay email address to paypal and it shows up to seller as payment pending.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OP send the seller a polite email asking him to sort out his paypal account and accept your payment. The if there is still no reponse you may need to phone him as otherwise your payment will just sit there for 30 days until it bounces back.

If you don't hear anything in a week or so I would certainly start a non performing seller complaint.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure