Finding cheapest petrol in your area

happy2bhere
happy2bhere Posts: 631 Forumite
Just saw this on hotukdeal...such a good idea, you type in your postcode & it tells you prices of petrol station in your area.

http://www.petrolprices.com/
November wins...a book, a designer handbag (worth £550 :T) and a game. I am now an addict and thank everyone for taking the time to share and post. :D

Comments

• jadring
    jadring Posts: 1,305 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Have used this site for a while now and it is very good. You have to register, which is free and you have 20 searches, not sure if that is per day though.

Absolutely gutted about Paul Walker - RIP xx

• CTPharmer
    CTPharmer Posts: 14 Forumite
    Just a quick mention, don't be surprised to search on petrolprices, drive straight to your local forecourt and discover the prices have already changed. Each search states when the prices were last checked, at the moment with the cost rising pretty quickly it's usually lagging a day or two behind (=1-2 pence per litre difference).

Once things level off you'll see a big improvement in the sites' accuracy :beer:
  • Hkem
    Hkem Posts: 76 Forumite
    Also, doesn't seem to include Tesco. Maybe it's just in my area, but there are about 20 of them within 20 miles, none of them are included. Nice idea though, but won't save me a lot as it just confirms what I already knew: go to the hypermarkets.
  • 1961templar
    1961templar Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hkem wrote: »
    Also, doesn't seem to include Tesco. Maybe it's just in my area, but there are about 20 of them within 20 miles, none of them are included. Nice idea though, but won't save me a lot as it just confirms what I already knew: go to the hypermarkets.

On the way to Tesco for fuel yesterday I noticed both Asda and Sainsbury's were cheaper by 2p per litre!

Filling up at Sainsbury's (Doncaster) I paid 112.9p per litre for unleaded saving over £1 on a tank full.

Has anyone else noticed Tesco being consistently more expensive for fuel?
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • C_Ronaldo
    C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    On the way to Tesco for fuel yesterday I noticed both Asda and Sainsbury's were cheaper by 2p per litre!

Filling up at Sainsbury's (Doncaster) I paid 112.9p per litre for unleaded saving over £1 on a tank full.

Has anyone else noticed Tesco being consistently more expensive for fuel?

yes ive noticed that too,
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hkem wrote: »

Well in this area Tesco are invariably NOT among the cheapest petrol stations so don't show up. A local independent (which doesn't always show up because of the way the site collects prices) is 4p cheaper than Tesco most of the time
  • AdrianHi
    AdrianHi Posts: 2,228 Forumite
    Good site this, been using it for quite a while. I see Tescos listed in Hampshire.
    I particularly like the fact you can sign up for a weekly email with the best prices in your area in the email.
  • leehal
    leehal Posts: 161 Forumite
    AdrianHi wrote: »
    Good site this, been using it for quite a while. I see Tescos listed in Hampshire.
    I particularly like the fact you can sign up for a weekly email with the best prices in your area in the email.

You can even have an email everyday if you like, also you can select 3 different areas.

I have mine set for home, work and our main office.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure