I really need help on this one, I need to switch and I don't see how

Options
2»

Comments

• Tom_Smythy
    Options
    Guys another question.

How likely is it for me to get away with the following:
    Assuming I'm a Low user - if your annual consumption is 1,650 kWh electricity and 10,000 kWh gas, how do I convert 2500 kWh (3 months worth of consumption) from the xxxxx m³ in my meter?
    And what should I do for my electricity meter? Is it marked at kWh?

Thanks.
  • Tom_Smythy
    Tom_Smythy Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I regret that I haven't been able to get as many answers as I'd expect, but I guess there's not much one can do...

I'd just like to add that I already called npower and registered with them. I proposed to pay by DD (to be cheaper) but also said that I plan to leave for Southern, so the lady said that it wouldn't make much sense to create a DD setup, and that I would pay for everything since I moved in when I leave npower. That made me VERY happy, since that will mean that I will afford it with June's salary.

But now another question arises: what tariff should I get from them? (I'm on dual fuel)
    I managed to find my meters and took the readings for the first time last weekend. The lady said their readings are older than April (didn't say when) but are in line with what I currently have for early June and would have for early April.
    We then said goodbye and never discussed how much I would be paying because she said that she has no idea of how much I would spend, and recommended me to give another reading one week after this last reading.

Any suggestions?
  • SwanJon
    SwanJon Posts: 2,333 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Did she tell you what readings they were going to use for when you moved in?

You could have a go at working out how much it has cost you so far and put that aside (or aim to build it up)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure