Electric savings seem a bit much.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
3 replies 511 views
trashcan_2trashcan_2 Forumite
309 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
I am in the middle of changing energy suppliers.
I used to pay £48 a month with southern electric. I joined British gas dual fuel click 5 tariff and today they rang me to say my electric would be £24.50 a month. Thats £282 over the year without the gas savings.
On uswitch etc they estimated £150 for both.

I don't know weather to trust this new figure and but some more money aside.

Replies

• BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Get your bills out, note down the annual usage and then use several of the other comparison sites listed above in addition to the comparison you did on uScam.

I'd always keep some money aside.

Though I always ensure I have a large buffer zone in my accounts to take care of most eventualities and never sail close to the wind.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • trashcan_2trashcan_2 Forumite
    309 Posts
    I done about 6 comparison sites other than uswitch. They all said about £150 with Click 5.
  • BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    trashcan wrote: »
    I done about 6 comparison sites other than uswitch. They all said about £150 with Click 5.

Might be worth putting the difference you think you should be paying into a high interest account, for when the 12 months come and they realise you haven't paid enough.

Better the money in your high interest account than in theirs. Just make sure you do keep it there for when you do need to pay up.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals