Switching provider question?

Options
tasha999
tasha999 Posts: 158 Forumite
I'd love to take advantage of some of the latest offers, but unsure how it works!
I'm with British gas for both electric and gas and pay £35 and £45 by direct debitt per month. We are behind after the winter bill, although we always catch up in the summer. (this system really annoys me as we were refunded some money a few months back:confused:)

Would I need to bring my balance to zero before switching? or could I still switch?
Life is like a camera... Focus on what's important, Capture the good times, Develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out Take another shot.

Comments

• barncopxx
    barncopxx Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    tasha999 wrote: »
    I'd love to take advantage of some of the latest offers, but unsure how it works!
    I'm with British gas for both electric and gas and pay £35 and £45 by direct debitt per month. We are behind after the winter bill, although we always catch up in the summer. (this system really annoys me as we were refunded some money a few months back:confused:)

Would I need to bring my balance to zero before switching? or could I still switch?
    If you switch BG will take the total amount you owe via a final DD when you finish with them - you won't be able to switch and still owe them.
  • tasha999
    tasha999 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    barncopxx wrote: »
    If you switch BG will take the total amount you owe via a final DD when you finish with them - you won't be able to switch and still owe them.

Looks like i'll wait till I'm in front!! (I really wanted those bottles of wine! lol:beer:)
    Life is like a camera... Focus on what's important, Capture the good times, Develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out Take another shot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure