M&S charging HIGHER price on iternet than in store

Options
today i receive a parcel from M&S which my daughter had order on line from NZ

i checked her order ,she had bought 2 x 5 high leg knickers

on the front of the packets there is a large red sticker clearly stating

SPECIAL OFFER BUY 2 FOR £10

she was charged £12

i rung M&S and they say as she paid by credit card she has to telephone them from NZ

what time do M&S suggest as there is an 12 hour difference in time also it would cost her a lot of money as you are put on hold when you ring them

i am really angry about it ,i can not get a refund if i take item to a M&S store because they were paid for on my daughters credit card

I KNOW ITS ONLY £2 BUT WHAT ELSE DO THEY CHARGE DIFFERENT ON LINE

so anyone else who orders from M&S web site be warned you can buy it cheaper in their stores:confused:

Comments

• Shiggaddi
    Shiggaddi Posts: 938 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    And of course, by going down to your local store, those of us, such as myself who have been given free M&S vouchers for doing surveys, taking car test drives, and opening credit cards, buying insurance etc, can't use them to buy online.
  • raeble
    raeble Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    The Non-refund thing is probably the Data protection act kicking in. It can be a pain at times. Can't your daughter email them asking for a refund? The special offer thing I have seen in the store, every now and again they do have two packs of knickers for £10 but they are normally £6 each. I don't think they are the only ones to have in-store or online only promotions.
  • rogue_element
    Options
    If you have her credit card details, you could always say you are the person in question (if you're female)- they wont be any the wiser. Or email them - I dont see why they wont ring HER back. You can ONLY get a refund on the cc you buy them with OR you can get a credit note. Thats the rules AFAIK.

By the way, I've heard they are accepting credit vouchers/ gift vouchers online soon.
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tell your daughter to email them and ask them to ring her!!!
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure