Fridge Freezers

Options
Any advice on purchasing a new FF? Mine is on it's last legs and so need a new one. Would prefer white and A - A+ energy rating but have no idea about which are considered to be good ones that won't cost me an arm and a leg.

Does anyone have any experiences with particular brands or models they are willing to share - my brain is being boggled with the many out there:eek:

Thanks ;)
Learning valuable lessons everyday - made all the easier by the folks on here and my amazing family :T

Life is better - now time to save for son's future :T

Comments

• Markinjapan
    Markinjapan Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    We're soon getting a first house so would be interested in people's ideas for this too!
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,990 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not much to choose between makes unless you go for a very expensive one. Look for frost free and check if the fridge only or both fridge and freezer are frost free. Dual compressors are best as they have two thermostats to control both fridge and freezer separately.If it is going in a non heated room, garage etc. then pay more and get one with two compressors as you may find all your freezer contents defrost in winter. Look for best waranty and do not buy extra waranty. Some parts only waranties are worthless as they inflate the labour charge to cover the part.
  • Jag1978
    Jag1978 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Just recently purchased mine to go into my new house. The two brands I'd recommend are LG and Samsung. Mine is an american style fridge freezer with the water and ice dispenser.. It was a best buy on Which and we also have it at my parents house so I've seen it in action. Haven't even opened it yet. Beware that if you do buy an american style one make sure you can get it in the door way. Luckily we had five mm to spare when getting ours in. At my parents house they had to detach the doors from the fridge!!

It just really depends on how much you want to spend. Ours was £580ish - Model - LG GRP207TUJA I bought on line at Dixons and as I was also buying a cooker and washing machine I got it discounted quite a bit.

Best thing to do is decide on the brand and model then find the cheapest price online.. then find any relevant voucher codes to further discount the product... Then if you want you could try taking the printout to your local Comet or Currys and even John Lewis and they maybe be able to price match if you don't want to buy online

Regards

Jag
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family