New home - previous owners on Talk Talk

in Phones & TV
4 replies 827 views
VikVik Forumite
33 Posts
Hi, any help and advice very much appreciated.
My partner and I have recently moved into our first home. Apparently the previous owners were on Talk Talk and we are quite keen to take up a phone line and broadband with Talk Talk.
We have plugged a phone into one of the sockets and there is a dial tone. Do we just have to ring Talk Talk and ask them to connect us or do we have to connect with BT first and then cancel with them?
When we rang Talk Talk they said they needed our phone number, we don't know this and they couldn't tell us how to get hold of it? How do we find out what this is, or do we not have one yet?
Thanks for any responses.

Replies

• dave_dphdave_dph Forumite
    581 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Vik wrote: »
    When we rang Talk Talk they said they needed our phone number, we don't know this and they couldn't tell us how to get hold of it? How do we find out what this is, or do we not have one yet?

Have you tried dialling 17070 ?
  • Fag_ash_lilFag_ash_lil Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vik wrote: »
    Hi, any help and advice very much appreciated.
    My partner and I have recently moved into our first home. Apparently the previous owners were on Talk Talk and we are quite keen to take up a phone line and broadband with Talk Talk.
    We have plugged a phone into one of the sockets and there is a dial tone. Do we just have to ring Talk Talk and ask them to connect us or do we have to connect with BT first and then cancel with them?

Hi,

If you have a dial tone, can't you just plug a phone in and call someone that has caller display, so that they could let you know your number when it shows up ?? :confused:

terri xx
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • billsavingsbillsavings Forumite
    2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have a mobile, call that.;)
  • VikVik Forumite
    33 Posts
    Thank you for all the responses. I will try 17017 and the idea of calling my mobile is a good one also!
    Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS