Jamaica questions

Options
I have some questions that a lady at work without an internet connection wants to know and if anyone has any replies, or can suggest a good website I can look at I would appreciate it.

She is going to Jamaica next March, staying at Club Ambience and wants to know if anyone else has been there with Airtours, all the information someone else managed to copy for her were accounts written by American visitors and she wanted to make sure that Brits also liked the place.

Secondly, what trips are likely to be offered, and can anyone recommend any in particular.

Lastly, has anyone ever swam with Dolphins out there in March. I emailed one of the companies that do it and they said March would be fine, but some others at work are suggesting that is an 'off' season and she won't be able to. Personally I'm not sure whether I am happy with the idea of captive dolphins but I did promise I will pass any info on to her but will make sure I also give her the 'anti' view as well as I have found quite a few bits online about the ethics of this.

Thanks for all the help.

Soo
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• spursman
    Options
    Hi Soolin
    i may not be much help but i'll do my best
    apart from dropping off & picking up i have never been to Club Ambiance, but know people who have stayed there, it is an adults only hotel BUT not in the style of Hedonism although some of the games can be a bit risque(if your friend is that way inclined most hotels in Jamaica do offer day/eve trips to Hedonism)
    as for swimming with dolphins we have never done it in Jamaica, but in St Lucia/Tobago/Antigua we have been on boat trips where the dolphins swim alongside the boat we have also swum with "captive" dolphins in Antigua & Barbados(in Antigua they let them go but they keep returning)
    2 trips i would recommend is the inevitable Dunns River Falls trip you can actually just turn up pay your entrance then just tag along with 1 of the tour company trips(lot cheaper this way) & the Blue Mountain trip well worth it if only to by the coffee(they do blue mountain bike tours but this is too strenuous for us)
    my family & i(sounds a bit royal doesnt it) love the Caribbean we have been to Jamaica 5 times(& its not even our favourite island) i would always reccommend this island or barbados as a great starting point for a caribbean holiday hopefully leading onto other islands in future years
    as for reviews i use tripadvisor & also put the hotel name into a search engine & find independent review sites (never trust the holiday company reviews but you can always ask a local travel agent for a look at their gazetteer)
    hope i am of some help if not sorry for wasting your time
    all the best
    Spursman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills