Housing help

Options
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out. My husband left me and my 15 year old daughter in the house we have. I am currently on Income Support, and am getting child benefit. Reason my husband left was because he was having an affair, which means I'm paying the bills now since he moved out. My house is a dump since I have no money to fix it.

Are there any grants that I can apply for to fix this house? I just applied for the "Warmer Fronts" grant at the energy saving website, since my boiler is breaking down, but are there any others I can apply for? My roof is falling apart, and I barely have the money to pay the bills.

Please advise!

Comments

• Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    Might be worth giving your local council housing department a call. Our local one has a scheme, it's not a grant but a loan and it is interest free and just attached to the house so if you sell (within 15 years I think) you pay it back but if you continue to live there then you don't have to. Someone comes round and asses the work that needs doing and it is all based on the equity in your house etc... but always worth a try.
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure