PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• tq16
    tq16 Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    Determined this month going to be better-will not give up! thanks for all inspiration and engouragement :-)
    (Family of 5: 2 adults & 3 children aged 7yrs, 4yrs, and 18months)
  • Ess-six
    Ess-six Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    To all the newbies joining us in June – welcome, you’ll love this thread – since January I’ve morphed into a menu planning, cooking, veg planting, coupon using moneysaver – and it’s all thanks to the lovely, helpful people on this thread.

Seriously there is some great advice on this thread, and I would advise you to check in on a regular basis as it grows very quickly!
  • skintscotslass
    skintscotslass Posts: 2,860 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MrsM - please put me down for £100 this month :D

• annelouise_2
    annelouise_2 Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    Hi fellow frugalites ,

I came onto this site by accident and found a host of great MSE tips like - stand on loo rolls,snip open tubes of cream,use microfibre cloths instead of disposible !!!!!!!!!

But can I find where they all are now? can I heck - help,help - I love all these cheapy tips and have even bought said cloths and a babies muslin to remove my makeup - :money: I'm sure there are loads more I can implement if only I could get my sticky mitts on them so any help will be very gratefully received.

I also email all my UK mates to spread the MSE word - I call it recycling.

annelouise
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • lainz
    lainz Posts: 400 Forumite
    Options
    woah - steady on folks I can't keep up with you all - lost the end of May as I was away and just caught up with you now. Will update sig in a mo, but MrsMc can you put me down for £70 this month - thanks for the spinach bread recipe - I've loads in the garden I need to use in things and also freeze some - will have to do lasagne at the weekend.

Good luck folks:beer: ... better go and get back on the wagon on the weightloss thread:rotfl:
  • Judellie
    Judellie Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,
    Please could anyone tell me how much you water down whole milk to make it like semi-skimmed. I picked up 2 x 6pinters of organic whole milk in mrS tonight for about £1.60 each and have put them in pour and save bags in 3/4litre portions in the freezer. My OH thinks I'm nuts biggrin.gif, he's probably right!! but there should be much more money in the bank at the end of the month!

Judexx
    GC June: £350/405.56
    GC July: £350 spent
    [STRIKE]£22[/STRIKE]99.51
  • Hollysan
    Hollysan Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I have had a couple of months away but want to join in again with the June challenge please.

Actually I haven't been doing too badly, just haven't been posting. OH is away a lot and I find it hard to get to the computer! But will try again this month as I need to keep a close eye on things as we have an expensive month coming up. Last month I spent around £358, which includes a wholefood wholesale order, which I won't do this month, so please Mrs M count me in with a budget for June of £300, thank you.

The veg garden is coming along nicely, so hopefully I can make use of that during June. I have just popped out in my slippers in the half dark to have a look at my spinach. I cut some at the weekend, but with all the rain it has doubled in size, so maybe I will have a go at the spinach bread recipe but with sundried toms instead of bacon because we don't eat it.

Good luck to everyone, especially all you newbies.

Hollysan
    MFiT-T4 #63
    Mortgage £78,000/£67,690.73
  • TheBees
    TheBees Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    WP Smyth - We loved your post about giving your kids an allowance for lunches etc.

A few months ago we set up standing orders for pocket money but even better how about your older kids getting jobs!? Our son aged 14 earns good money in a restaurant a few hours on a weekend. His actual wages go into the bank and he puts his tips in a saving tin and uses them to fund his karting hobby.

Welcome to all the newbies.

Tomorrow we will be working out a meal plan and shopping list for the weekend.

Good luck everyone!
    Mortgage Free in 3 part 2 challenge - pay off £9000
    Sealed Pot Challenge 416 - target £500
  • miecherox
    miecherox Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    hello mrsm, i am back from my three month moneysaving sebbatical and we are skint!! started my new job and allowed mr miecherox to do some shopping and cooking - Not Good! (money wise I mean;) )

Please can you put me down for £100 for June!!

Some store cupboard shopping and imagination will be required i think!!

Thankyou x x x
    #118 DFW Debt freely Christmas 2012 Challenge
  • savingfortravel
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    Went for a walk tonight and just popped into Mr T for a whoopsie hunt... I feel like Mrs M who just 'pops' into the Naffi.
    They seem to change their reduction times every time I go but I managed to pick up:
    12 pack of finger rolls for 8p-will just have to convince OB that 2 of these will match his usual wholemeal roll.
    2 organic sub rolls for 10p-much posher than his usual wholemeal roll.
    Rubard (for my Mum-who'll love making a crumble) for 15p
    as well as a tub of Hot Chocolate (again for Mum's visits-also a last resort for me when I need chocolate).
    After using 70p worth of vouchers it cost 48p in total.

So not bad really..

Welcome to all the new folk joining us this month!!! Good to hear from our regulars too..

I agree keep the frugal tips coming...

Annelouise-I think I've always appreciated the value of things so this challenge is perfect for me. Not been brought up to be wasteful..the child of parents who lived through WW2...and yet I had the most wonderful childhood as they had great imaginations to keep us entertained. We had great adventures... even helping dad at his allotment. I'll always value an experience over a possession. I think they taught me that and are interested in and really proud of all my GC savings. Sorry for rambling on...

So if we can continue saving the GC money towards the CA ADVENTURE it will certainly be a dream come true. OB should know about his job interview on Friday.

Keep your fingers crossed...

SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport