Alton Towers/Splash Landings Hotel

Options
Was wanting to take two younger sons on a trip at half term to visit their big brother at Uni in Stoke on Trent, and thought of combining the visit with an overnight stay at one of the above hotels - until I saw the price! :eek: About £230 for one night in a family room!! Particularly wanted those hotels so the boys could have fun in the waterpark etc, rather than just staying in a boring Travelodge or something after meal out with DS1, and we'd also get to see DS1 again next day. Otherwise we may as well just head home on the same day, which is possible but tiring (and a lot less fun!). Also we didn't have a summer holiday this year (again! :rolleyes: ) so it would be a bit of a treat for all of us.
Anyway, the question is: Am I likely to find any discounted prices/special offers closer to the time, or shall I give up now? Any insider information would be very gratefully received!
[

Comments

• iwanttosave_2
    Options
    try lastminute.com i got some tickets just to go for the day for £15 (half price!!) i'm sure they had the hotel on offer as well.
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • Bennifred
    Bennifred Posts: 3,986 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you! I've just looked at lastminute, but they only have day tickets to the theme park and the waterpark, there doesn't appear to be any offers for the hotels :confused: I've tried a lot of the hotel comparison sites, too, but no joy so far...........
    [
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    As the Alton Towers hotels get booked-up very quickly for the half-term holidays, I think it's unlikely that you'll find a great discount for that period. Always worth trying though.

I know people that stayed at the Hanover International Hotel when visiting AT - it has an indoor pool although nothing as great as Splash Landings!
    http://www.information-britain.co.uk/showPlace.cfm?Place_ID=9389
  • frizz_head
    frizz_head Posts: 7,339 Forumite
    Options
    Last year they were doing Winter Wonderland breaks for when the park closes to the public, and there is a big thread here about it. It was pretty good value, with a stay in one of the hotels, 4 hours exclusive access to Alton Towers (although limited rides were open) and unlimited access to the Water Park.

Hope this helps.

Frizzle:D
    Only 5% of those who can give blood, actually do!
    Do Something Amazing Today.
    Save a Life - Give Blood.:A
    20 pints donated! :j:j
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Bennifred wrote:
    Was wanting to take two younger sons on a trip at half term to visit their big brother at Uni in Stoke on Trent, and thought of combining the visit with an overnight stay at one of the above hotels - until I saw the price! :eek: About £230 for one night in a family room!! Particularly wanted those hotels so the boys could have fun in the waterpark etc, rather than just staying in a boring Travelodge or something after meal out with DS1, and we'd also get to see DS1 again next day. Otherwise we may as well just head home on the same day, which is possible but tiring (and a lot less fun!). Also we didn't have a summer holiday this year (again! :rolleyes: ) so it would be a bit of a treat for all of us.
    Anyway, the question is: Am I likely to find any discounted prices/special offers closer to the time, or shall I give up now? Any insider information would be very gratefully received!

Why not stay nearby and just buy a day ticket for the water park...thats what we did earlier this year i think it was about £30 for a family ticket..We had a great time well worth the money ...we spent about 7 hours in there
  • Bennifred
    Bennifred Posts: 3,986 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies so far - some excellent suggestions! Will certainly look out for those Winter Wonderland offers for later in the year/early next year - sounds fab, hope they do it again! Looks like half-term offers may be too much to hope for, so will probably have to be somewhere cheaper, or a daytrip to visit DS1 with a longer visit later.....
    [
  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    Options
    Bennifred wrote:
    Thanks for all the replies so far - some excellent suggestions! Will certainly look out for those Winter Wonderland offers for later in the year/early next year - sounds fab, hope they do it again! Looks like half-term offers may be too much to hope for, so will probably have to be somewhere cheaper, or a daytrip to visit DS1 with a longer visit later.....

we did this offer and it was fab. I would recommend the previous poster. Just stay nearby and go for the day. If you have the chance take a picnic in with you (yes, really) and you can stay the whole day. The food inside the water park is as expensive as you'd expect and not very nice. Loads of people had big cooler bags full of food and i was jealous :D
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure