KPJ Enterprises - A Dodgy Company?

Options

Comments

• wildt
    wildt Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    Louise I'm glad you found out about them before you went on Monday. I recently seen the lad I had my trial with in a local shopping centre trying to sell Victoria Jackson make-up so I'm not sure they are doing the door-to-door sales at the minute.

Dominic I understand that some people may enjoy the job and it might suit their lifestyles but the main issue I have with this company is the fact they are misleading people about what the job entails. Many people would not bother applying if they knew the full details..they promote the job as something it's not (and very well I might add!)

People are led to believe they can get rich quick and to be honest it's never going to happen. I was with the guys for 4-5 hours that morning and they only managed to sign one person up for talk talk and she was a very elderly lady who I believe was simply happy to have company for a few minutes.
  • staindude
    staindude Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    Any of you heard of the Coulson Corporation? That's who my friend just almost taken on by and that was a similar sort of thing.
  • timlaw
    timlaw Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    I worked for a similar company in Leeds called fosters marketing for 3 weeks at ridiculous hours 8.30-7 was fooled into thinking i was "guaranteed" £200 a week. They have branches all over the place under different names steer well clear i got paid like £50 for 4 weeks work due to lack of sales.
  • tinkerbell85
    Options
    i thought the company was called jpk advertising? is it in liverpool? it is part of a pyramid scheme called "prosales". checkout the link; http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/191/RipOff0191723.htm
  • tinkerbell85
    Options
    i went for an interview there in liverpool in july. i thought the company was called jpk advertising but it is called kpj enterprises! i thought it was a graduate training programme but it is just door to door sales. the interview lasted about 9 hours whilst a girl was knocking on doors trying to get bt customers to have talktalk! the girl i was with said that i would be on 80 thousand pounds a year but it turns out you are self employed, you dont work for jpk advertising and you only get paid if you make a certain amount of sales. i was offered the job but declined.
  • wildt
    Options
    Yes Tinkerbell your post sounds about right. It is in Liverpool, suite 303 in the Cotton Exchange..and my first interview was with a Kevin O'Neill. I've just done a quick search and it looks like they do also go by the name of JPK Advertising, as well as KPJ Enterprises, and P&D Marketing. They advertise literally everywhere under these different names but none of the advertisments actually reveal the kind of job this is. I also fell for the 'graduate training scheme' positon. They are very scheming and lots of people get sucked in thinking they will be on £80k within a couple of months.
  • jonboy69
    jonboy69 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    one of my friends has also worked for jpk/kpj but left after a couple of weeks. she said that everyone seemed to have no money who works there including the managers! and are constantly under pressure to make lots of sales. there is alot of brainwashing and cult like behaviour. i think most people leave after a couple of days when they realise the company is a joke. i wonder should this company be allowed to call itself several different names and lie about the job spec on recruitment sites? it seems alot of people have fallen for the same thing, thinking they are applying for a good marketing job where they can progress in a descent career when in fact they are working for a door to door sales company that only pays comission and will give anyone a job.
    has anyone else come across this company?
  • Zebedee69
    Zebedee69 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Options
    I created a new post

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1107789

basically giving pointers on how to spot these job adverts. I used to write them!
  • wildt
    Options
    Websites I came across relating to these companies;

www.kpjenterprisesltd.com
    www.jpkadvertisingltd.com
    www.p-d-marketing.com

Just posting them to raise awareness really.
  • ianianian_2
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for your replies!

I'm pleased to report that my friend has resigned!!!

The company is an absolute joke! They promise you 80k a year after a short time working there but realistically you work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week for less than £100 a week (plus you have to pay the travel costs which take a good portion of this cash)

They don't mention that you're self employed, so if you don't enquire about this and accept working for less than minimum work for promises of riches in the future you'll be royally £$%&'d when you have to pay a load of tax at the end of the year!

Rant over, please stay away! Glad to see that this lil post may have saved a few people from making a huge mistake!

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport