Bratislava to Vienna

Options
I'm looking for transport from Bratislava Airport to Vienna City Centre. I've found a private transfer (taxi) for about £60 but can anyone help with bus or train information?

Comments

• btringham
    Options
    We did this journey in Feb
    Got train from Vienna - not the one I had planned via online timetable, but one that was indicated by the clerk when we bought our tickets.
    From memory, particular tickets applied to particular trains (perhaps different comnpanies)
    Many ticket checks & 2 immigration checks each way.
    We went for the day - left Vienna about 11.30 & caught 4pm train back.
    It was a Sunday so train quite busy.
    About a 15 minute walk from Bratislavia station to town - NOT well signed, & station very grim, no-one at the station spoke English & Information Office was shut. Station appaered to be 2 separate stations, but actually 1 station with extended platforms.
    Overall, train was a very easy way - cost under £10 each I think.
    Bratislavia very nice - great Chocolate shop (think Coffee shop but with hot chocolate fountain thing) in one of the squares
    If you want more info I can look through my Vienna file,
    Barbara
  • GlennTheBaker
    Options
    You might find what you're looking for HERE
    This space has been intentionally left blank
  • egbe
    egbe Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Which airline are you flying with?

SkyEurope has a coach transfer from Bratislava Airport to Vienna, but I have no idea of cost.

Not sure that EasyJet does though
  • brettles
    Options
    Rather more fun is to get the hydrofoil...the section Brat-Vienna is the most scenic...By the time you have got to/from airports and waited around, it's quicker. Just check still running when you are going.

Most decent hotels in Bratislava are central so can walk to ferry station in a few mins.

You can book it online but no real need . Also the site is NOT encrypted and you have to give your passport number so better to book when you get to Bratislava . You do it at the travel office in the corner on the right as you enter the ferry terminal. They are very helpful. In theory you have to book day before but (outside peak times) as long as you arrive in good time on day it isn't a problem.

For others reading it's also a good way to get to Budapest from either Vienna and Bratislava. Bit expensive but cost offset by effectively getting a free sightseeing Danube trip of Budapest on arrival and saving airport transfers.
  • Mr_Warren_2
    Options
    Contact a taxi/transfer company based in Bratislava (web search). They will pick you up at Vienna airport and drop you off anywhere in Brat. for a very reasonable fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure