Free will writing for over 55's

Options
Apparently this is Free Wills Fortnight (16th to 30th September). A number of charities are covering the solicitors' costs of anyone over 55 years of age who want to have a will written. The deadline is 30th September, but the advert said that as long as you make an appointment within that time (even if the appointment is after the deadline), the service will be free.

Log on to the following website for more information:

https://www.freewillsfortnight.org.uk

The advert was in the South Wales Evening Post, but the web address suggests it's not restricted to South Wales. I haven't tried it myself (too young) or even logged on to the site, so I can't offer any personal recommendations for the service, sorry. I hope it helps someone else.

Comments

• This is correct. I am one of the participating Solicitors and there really is no catch. The scheme is running in a number of areas. Ideally the 10 charities involved would like donations to be left to them in the Wills, but it cannot be insisted upon and the basic drafting cost will still be met by them. You can also obtain more information by telephoning 01352 757699 (administrator, this is NOT my number, but the central number that can be called to help locate a participating Solicitor).
  • Just made my appointment for the FREE WILL so easy :)
  • wadewade
    Options
    But don't get too excited, the scheme is only available in eleven towns. None of them near me!
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    none in london which is a shame
  • anders
    Options
    Good to remember that the fees aren't being wiped away, they're being paid for by charities - i.e. having the 'free' Will is using money given to relieve suffering or poverty. Be nice to remember that when deciding who the Will should benefit.
  • tico_3
    tico_3 Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    none in my area, scotland. I thought it might have been good for my parents
  • Woodville
    Options
    Shame about that, not one in East Anglia. Cheers, Woodville.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If any of you are retired members of a trade union, they also offer a free will service. I know Amicus&Unison offer this service.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport