PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Tescos Value Potatoes

Options
2»

Comments

• DisneyPrincess_2
    Options
    As regards the value potatoes, funnily enough I noticed last Tuesday when shopping at Tesco, quite a few of the value ranges have vanished. I always buy bags of value peppers, the large punnets of mushrooms, bananas etc. They have all gone. Toilet rolls, kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, fruit juice etc still remain, but now I wonder for how long. If ever there was a time people needed these ranges more!
  • Claire70_2
    Claire70_2 Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    I agree.... it would seem that Tescos have lured people in with the value ranges and now people are buying from there they have stopped a lot of them
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I bought Asda Smartprice spuds yesterday (hadn't seen any for a while!), they were 73p for 2.5 kg. They're a variety called Orla, which we've had before and liked. And, as they are unwashed, they're not all damp:T
  • salster
    salster Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    H
    As regards the value potatoes, funnily enough I noticed last Tuesday when shopping at Tesco, quite a few of the value ranges have vanished. I always buy bags of value peppers, the large punnets of mushrooms, bananas etc. They have all gone. Toilet rolls, kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, fruit juice etc still remain, but now I wonder for how long. If ever there was a time people needed these ranges more!

We had value Peppers in Sheffield this morning as I bought some, I think there were Mushrooms too.
    Aiming to be Debt free by October 2013 :D
  • shazziere
    shazziere Posts: 558 Forumite
    Options
    lots of value range disappeared from our store too....Value beetroot,value noodles...
  • pebbles88
    pebbles88 Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hiya,

i tend to buy a big sack of spuds from morrisons (about 3.49) and a bag of value apples that i pop in the sack once i open it as it stops them sprouting, they always last about 6 wks m in that way.

im growing my own this summer and hope to have new potatoes soon,

HTH
    Please be nice to all moneysavers!
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
    Big big thanks to Niddy, sorely missed from these boards..best cybersupport ever!!
  • Mariel
    Mariel Posts: 624 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think it probably is a temporary thing until old potatoes are back. I bought a Value bag a couple of weeks ago for 10p and it's still going strong!
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    I've just bought a 2.5kg bag of Tesco's new potatoes for £1 on offer. I thought they were good value last week at £1.49!
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport