Advise required...ASAP.

Options
Hi there any advice would be brilliant, i have a friend whos son is disabled she is the nominated driver for her son, but due to her own ill health she can no longer drive, she wants her daughter to be the designated driver for both her and her disabled son, her daughter has passed her theory test but is in a situation where she cannnot afford to take the driving lessons to become the designated driver! Therefore can anyone please reccomend any charities or organisations etc that can help pay for her lessons, they can not apply to the familyfund because they have already made an application and where not aware they helped with lessons otherwise would have asked them.Now they need to wait twelve months to apply again for help. But they rely on this vehicle to get them through the day to day care etc of both of them. Any advsie like i said would be appreciated.

Comments

• N71
    N71 Posts: 384 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sure i read in the Motability handbook that Motability can help with driving lessons for a designated driver.

Maybe give them a ring and ask.
  • colin13
    colin13 Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Options
    N71 wrote: »
    I'm sure i read in the Motability handbook that Motability can help with driving lessons for a designated driver.

Maybe give them a ring and ask.

100% right,,if ur on benefits they will ask for proof of monies they will b willing to pay for I think it is 10 lessons then I think u have to re apply,,, u need to do this through a reconised driving school they pay the money to them
  • asmaarfan
    asmaarfan Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Hi apparently that has changed they do not offer help for designated drivers only if the actual disabled person wants to drive? I called hem and this is what i was told .... I seem to have hit a dead end!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure