We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Amex Platinum 4% cashback offer
LittleMissBargain
Posts: 8 Forumite
in Credit cards
I've been looking to change credit card for a while (from Nat West - as I get airmiles but can never get flights when I actually want them) and knew from this site about the Amex platinum card 2% cashback.
Yesterday got some "junk" mail from Amex which was actually an invite for a Platinum card, with a special offer of 4% cashback in the first 3 months, then 2% thereafter.
I practically ran to the postbox to post the application back !
So just a quick note to all you moneysavers to watch out for direct mail from Amex. I quite often bin the ton of unsolicited mail that I get through the door, but apparently sometimes you do get some gems.
Don't know if this offer might be available elsewhere (it wasn't when I checked the Amex website) but worth looking out for.
By the way, I didn't want to put my income (so I didn't) but don't know if I have to provide it for them to give me the card. Any ideas ?
Yesterday got some "junk" mail from Amex which was actually an invite for a Platinum card, with a special offer of 4% cashback in the first 3 months, then 2% thereafter.
I practically ran to the postbox to post the application back !
So just a quick note to all you moneysavers to watch out for direct mail from Amex. I quite often bin the ton of unsolicited mail that I get through the door, but apparently sometimes you do get some gems.
Don't know if this offer might be available elsewhere (it wasn't when I checked the Amex website) but worth looking out for.
By the way, I didn't want to put my income (so I didn't) but don't know if I have to provide it for them to give me the card. Any ideas ?
0
Comments
-
Last time I heard, Amex Plat. is only open to those earning over 20K so you might get that returned, or at least a phone call.
MattLG0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards