Travel insurance

Options
Hi could any shead some light for me? Ive been in to moneysupermarket for a quote for Travel insurance, flexi cover has come up with best price. However my child has a heart condition so he needs to be fully covered just incase,
Im not sure I understand this bit?? Im not to good with things like this!!!!
Any help would br great thanks!

The insurance you are about to purchase operates on the following basis:
  1. To be covered, You must be healthy, fit to travel and able to undertake Your planned Trip;
  2. The insurance will NOT cover You when You are travelling against the advice of a Medical Practitioner (or would be travelling against the advice of a Medical Practitioner had You sought his/her advice);
  3. The insurance will NOT cover You when You are travelling with the intention of obtaining medical treatment or consultation abroad;
  4. The insurance will NOT cover You if You have any undiagnosed symptoms that may require attention or investigation in the future (i.e. symptoms for which You are awaiting investigations/consultation or awaiting results of investigations and where the underlying cause has not been established).
No claim arising directly or indirectly from ANY Pre-existing Medical Condition affecting You will be covered.

For the purposes of this insurance, a Pre-existing Medical Condition is considered to be:
  • Any past or current Medical Condition that has given rise to symptoms or for which any form of treatment or prescribed medication, medical consultation, investigation or follow-up/check-up has been required or received during the 2 years prior to the commencement of cover under this policy and/or prior to any Trip; and
  • Any cardiovascular or circulatory conditions (e.g. heart condition, hypertension, blood clots, raised cholesterol, stroke) that has occurred at any time prior to the commencement of cover under this policy and/or prior to any Trip.

Comments

• andyrules
    andyrules Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    Options
    There is a link about half way down the first page that you can click on to take you to companies who deal with people who have a pre-existing medical condition. You are going to end up paying more, I would expect.
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Try www.covermytravels.co.uk they gave me a good quote covering pre existing medical conditions which have not required treatment in the last 12 months.
  • stargate12
    Options
    Used link from this site to contact a company called ORBIS for both mine and hubbys pre existing med conditions, they were most helpful and very reasonable. Like Martin says its worth a phone call, it saved me £500 quid.
  • NAT.B_2
    NAT.B_2 Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    I had a quote fromteh post office it was £75 for family of 5 with two medical conditons, is that good? Im about to phone upup now to get quotes!
  • NAT.B_2
    NAT.B_2 Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    just rung cover my travel they wont cover my son! as he has op in last 3yrs!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure