barclaycard

Options
hi everyone this is my first post i have a barclay platinum card now this card was a monument card that was transfered to barclaycard last year they tried to charge me £15 yearly charge but got this reembursed what happens this year they charge me £15 again but say they cannot give me the £15 back this year now a barclay card has no annual fee are they within there rights to charge me £15 or are they just trying to fob me of

Comments

• Mouth_of_Sauron
    Options
    What?

Did Barclaycard take your punctuation too? It's very hard to read what you've written.
  • Steve1981
    Steve1981 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    What?

Did Barclaycard take your punctuation too? It's very hard to read what you've written.

no need for that, just read it slow, its pretty straight forward
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What?

Yeah, really helpful :mad:
    rangitoto wrote: »
    hi everyone this is my first post i have a barclay platinum card now this card was a monument card that was transfered to barclaycard last year they tried to charge me £15 yearly charge but got this reembursed what happens this year they charge me £15 again but say they cannot give me the £15 back this year now a barclay card has no annual fee are they within there rights to charge me £15 or are they just trying to fob me of

Hi, and welcome

They can charge you an annual fee if they have advised you in writing.

It seems that you are aware that your particular product has a fee and managed to get it waived last year.

I would try to negotiate a permanent 'no annual fee' arrangement with them and if they won't do it vote with your feet - close the card and get one that doesn't charge you for the privilege!

Regards
    UNDERGROUND :D
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What?

Did Barclaycard take your punctuation too? It's very hard to read what you've written.[/quote

Grow up or butt out. It may be the OP's second language.
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Erm, nasty little diggs like that will get you a reputation like wor Jonsey on here. :D
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure