Optional call to MBNA to followup on application?

Options
empfun
empfun Posts: 608 Forumite
Good morning people!

I just applied online for an MBNA card, at the end of the application they suggested ringing them about the application but if I didn't they'd still have a look at my application anyway.

My question is, what do they want to know that isn't already on the application form?

What are you experiences with this?

Thanks!
I know nothing

Comments

• PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had this, if you can't be verified for a minimum of three years on the elctoral register they will decline your application unless you can provide proof of your address history from old bills etc, I got knocked back a couple of month back.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    empfun wrote: »
    Good morning people!

I just applied online for an MBNA card, at the end of the application they suggested ringing them about the application but if I didn't they'd still have a look at my application anyway.

My question is, what do they want to know that isn't already on the application form?

What are you experiences with this?

Thanks!

My mate recently had this happen.

When he phoned them the woman quizzed him about a payment he had missed on his car finance 10 months ago. He explained how it happened (something to do with direct debits - dunno the details!) and she then put the card through for approval.

So they probably want to talk to you about some finer detail I suspect.

Regards
    UNDERGROUND :D
  • queen_of_leon
    Options
    there's already been a couple of threads along the same lines. apparently it's a practise of mbna/virgin.

they did the same to me and when i phoned them back they'd already accepted me and just went through some details about BTs etc.
  • Steve_O_5
    Steve_O_5 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    I applied online and a couple of weeks later they phoned to check a couple of things. One of them was my email address not being anything to do with my name
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure