Going Abroad

Options
kah22
kah22 Posts: 1,831 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
I'm going to Italy for a few days later this year. I will of course take some Euro with me but where does my Debit and Credit cards stand. I don't want to get stuck with Euro when I arrive home.

If I prepay say £200 into my credit card account (Bank of Ireland Mastercard and Visa) can I use that money without suffering any charges.

Or is it just as handy to use the card as normal and pay it all back at the end of the month when the statement comes through. I have it set up with my bank to pay of my credit cards automatically each month. (I hardly use the things anyway :D

Kevin

Comments

• youknowwho
    youknowwho Posts: 259 Forumite
    Options
    you will still have to pay the cash avance charges and foreign transaction charges even if the account is in credit, you should do this anyway as they may freeze your card on suspect of money laundering.

Does it really matter if you come home with some euro's? put them up somewhere and then you will have extra for your next trip.
    Halifax CC [STRIKE]£1322.88[/STRIKE] £0 :j 11.9% Virgin CC [STRIKE]£1534.76[/STRIKE] £1384.76 0% until AUG 13. Grant over payment [STRIKE]£166.66[/STRIKE] £0 :j DFD 31 JUL 13 #102 :beer:
    Weight[STRIKE] 164lbs[/STRIKE] :mad: 05 May 164lbs :)Target 146lbs by 30 JUN 13

Happiness is a way of life not a destination.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport