Unauthorised transaction??

Options
I have no idea where I stand on this. Can anyone help.

I recently booked a holiday with a French travel company. During the initial booking, when I paid my deposit, I firstly gave them Mastercard details but then realised that was a card with fees for foreign transactions. So I immediately told them I wanted to replace the card details with my Nationwide Visa card. They did this and took my deposit from my Nationwide card.

The balance was due last week and I have just discovered that they took the balance from the Mastercard I had told them not to use. This has made a difference of £13 to our balance payment in fees and a poorer exch rate.

I feel that they had no right to do this, that those card details should not have been held on their system, and that they did not have my permission to use them. :mad:

Anyone know where I stand??

Thank you so much.

Cath

Comments

• Money_Saver
    Money_Saver Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have no idea where I stand on this. Can anyone help.

I recently booked a holiday with a French travel company. During the initial booking, when I paid my deposit, I firstly gave them Mastercard details but then realised that was a card with fees for foreign transactions. So I immediately told them I wanted to replace the card details with my Nationwide Visa card. They did this and took my deposit from my Nationwide card.

The balance was due last week and I have just discovered that they took the balance from the Mastercard I had told them not to use. This has made a difference of £13 to our balance payment in fees and a poorer exch rate.

I feel that they had no right to do this, that those card details should not have been held on their system, and that they did not have my permission to use them. :mad:

Anyone know where I stand??

Thank you so much.

Cath
    Speak to the holiday company address your complaint, insist they refund your money and then claim it from your Natiowide card. Worth a try.

MS
    Regards,

Money Saver

• moneysavingmummy_4
    Options
    Thanks for replying MS. They have been astonishingly efficient! I emailed them and the lady who originally dealt with my booking had rung me within half an hour!

They are refunding my Mastercard and charging it to the Visa card instead. If we are left out of pocket in any way, they will refund us the difference.

Hoorah! :beer: :T

Thanks again.
    Cath
  • Money_Saver
    Money_Saver Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for replying MS. They have been astonishingly efficient! I emailed them and the lady who originally dealt with my booking had rung me within half an hour!

They are refunding my Mastercard and charging it to the Visa card instead. If we are left out of pocket in any way, they will refund us the difference.

Hoorah! :beer: :T

Thanks again.
    Cath
    Good stuff!! :-)
    Regards,

Money Saver

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income