Options
13»

Comments

• cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 August 2012 at 12:00PM
    Options
    I would contact your gas supplier and report what has happened, the person was contracted by them to change the meter not inspect or try to sell you a new boiler, it appears to be completely out of order especially as you have just had it serviced by BG who are notorious for condemning boilers if there is anything wrong with them.

We had our gas meter changed three years ago, it is in an outside box and at no time did he even ask to come in the property and inspect anything.
  • Terrylw1
    Terrylw1 Posts: 7,038 Forumite
    Options
    OldBoy wrote: »
    This is a baffling experience. I was written to by my gas supplier and agreed a day to have my meter changed because it was old apparently. No time could be fixed and when the guy arrived he seemed more interested in inspecting my central heating system than changing the meter. He was from an independent heating installing company based some 400 miles away and not from a gas supplier.

He then went on to condemn my boiler flue system saying he could not inspect it properly and as such could not change the meter. He did offer to provide a quote for a whole new boiler system. I should add that my boiler was serviced and passed safe only a few weeks before by British Gas.

They contract a Meter Asset Manager who sends out a meter fixing engineer. They have to ensure your safety so will make some checks but they never come from a heating installation company.

What did his badge/van say? It sounds more like someone pretending yo be your supplier to gain access under false pretences which could be for a sale or more criminal reasons.
    :rotfl: It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure