Thomson Founder Club

Hi,
I'm new to this thread, can anyone shed any light on the removal of Thomson Founders Club holiday discount, my mother originally had shares with Thomson holidays, when they were taken over by a German firm, the shares were withdrawn & the Thomson Founders Club was launched. She has recently been to book a holiday at Thomson and was told that The Founders Club discount no longer existed. She then asked about using Nectar points and was told that these had been withdrawn for use at Thomson also.

Shouldn't Thomson's given her notification of the withdrawal of the Thomson Founders Club scheme? Hope I'm on the right forum for this question
Sparky0107 - Sealed pot challenge member #002. Total for SPC3 £1,030.57 Total For SPC 4 £2247.00 Total for SPC 5 £2574.62 :T Total for SPC 6 £4552.91:T
:rotfl:LC2 & Jakes-Mum are off their heads :rotfl
:j DEBT FREE AS OF 20/01/2012 :j

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Could they withdraw her shares?
    Surely you would have to agree to this if you owned them?
  • martin2
    martin2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If I remember rightly, when the German firm Tui bought them out, the Founders Club was dissolved. A great shame because they had good perks - 10% discount, extra baggage allowance + preferential treatment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure