We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Nationwide - Foreign ATM's
steven07968
Posts: 158 Forumite
Hiya, just wondering if someone can give me some advice.
I've used my Nationwide account when going abroad, due to not being charged commission or any charges etc...
Anyway, you can usually get a rough guide of the exchange rate to expect by going on the visa exchange rate site, which you can find on Nationwide's site. Visa Exchange rates though aren't shown in all currencies.
I'm off to Moscow on Wednesday to watch United, and wondered if I can find out the exchange rate that I'd get with Nationwide. Failing that, if it'll be worthwhile just getting rubles before I go?
I've used my Nationwide account when going abroad, due to not being charged commission or any charges etc...
Anyway, you can usually get a rough guide of the exchange rate to expect by going on the visa exchange rate site, which you can find on Nationwide's site. Visa Exchange rates though aren't shown in all currencies.
I'm off to Moscow on Wednesday to watch United, and wondered if I can find out the exchange rate that I'd get with Nationwide. Failing that, if it'll be worthwhile just getting rubles before I go?
0
Comments
-
give www.xe.com a try.
They do rates for most currencies and are the money market rates that Visa would apply for non-standard currencies.
As long as there are international ATM machines in Moscow, I'm guessing that Nationwide will still be the cheapest option as Rubles probably aren't a very common currency at UK bureau de change so the buy/sell spread might be high.
As a backup you could consider taking some travellers cheques? Probably in US$?
Enjoy the match.
R.Smile
, it makes people wonder what you have been up to.0 -
PS - xe is currently saying 46.5 Rubles to the pound. So a Ruble is about 2.15p.
R.Smile
, it makes people wonder what you have been up to.0 -
Cheers Rafter

Will just take my card instead as the exchange rate is better than over here, better having the saving in my pocket than the money exchangers over here
No matter how small the saving.
Thanks0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards