McAfee Beta Tester

Options
sarah1972
sarah1972 Posts: 18,960 Senior Ambassador
Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
Hi
I have just signed up to be a McAfee Beta tester.
You get to test McAfee products and report back to them before they go on general release.
http://beta.mcafee.com
Thinking about becoming a McAfee beta tester? Join our team and with your help, McAfee will continue to deliver the industry's finest PC security software.
Here's how it works: We provide you with our latest and most innovative software, and you give us feedback on your experience before the software is officially released to consumers. We’ll gather information from you about the effectiveness of the software so that we can resolve any issues that may arise.
I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• tinkerbella
    tinkerbella Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    hi i just tried only open to usa ,terms and conditions as below,

All entrants must be eighteen years or older and legal residents of the United States.

sarah1972 wrote: »
    Hi
    I have just signed up to be a McAfee Beta tester.
    You get to test McAfee products and report back to them before they go on general release.
    http://beta.mcafee.com
    Thinking about becoming a McAfee beta tester? Join our team and with your help, McAfee will continue to deliver the industry's finest PC security software.
    Here's how it works: We provide you with our latest and most innovative software, and you give us feedback on your experience before the software is officially released to consumers. We’ll gather information from you about the effectiveness of the software so that we can resolve any issues that may arise.
    :j
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    and. ;) " Remember, you’re using the beta software at your own risk "
  • mrsdinozzo
    mrsdinozzo Posts: 582 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Going by past experience and a small fortune to repair virus loaded PC and half eaten hard drive..I have had no end of problems with McAfee...I'm staying well clear of anything to do with them in future...
    All these years since I left school and I've never once had to use Algebra
  • Rex_Mundi
    Rex_Mundi Posts: 6,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 March at 1:08PM
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [Removed by Forum Team]
    How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Fish
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,960 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hi i just tried only open to usa ,terms and conditions as below,

All entrants must be eighteen years or older and legal residents of the United States.

Thats odd? I signed up ok and have downloaded a couple of free things from them that usually cost me a yearly subscription.

I love McAfee and wouldnt use anything else for my pc's security so it suits me brilliantly.

Oh well I thought it may be useful for someone.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Beta software is a bad idea unless you are prepared to accept that you may have to reinstall everything on your computer. If you go ahead, which I wouldn't recommend, then back up absolutely everything and you must do this at regular intervals.

You're a guinnee pig for what will break things and there's no comeback from McAffee when it happens, so if you're after some free antivirus software then look elsewhere..
  • sarah1972.
    sarah1972. Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    thanks tinkerbella,mrsdinoozzo,be-alright.
    for letting me into the info
    t&c states only united states america,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family